Let's collect errors on the web

I’ve released a simple add-on that helps collect errors (grammar, style, word confusion) one finds on the web:

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/error-collector/
Chrome: Error Collector - Chrome Web Store

The idea is that a lot of people read a lot on the web, and from time to time they spot an error. Whether it’s one already detected by LT or not doesn’t matter. Typos aren’t really interesting, unless the incorrect word is a valid word by chance. If we all collect the errors we find, we get a nice error collection over time. If you also spot errors from time to time, please use the add-on to submit them. Note that you’ll need an account at https://languagetoolplus.com which you need to configure in the add-on the first time it opens.

This is the first version of the add-on and I’m looking for feedback on how to improve it.

1 Like

This is great.
Remarks so far: How are errors assigned to a language?
Why an account?
marked text is not copied from child iframe.
I get an error when submitting.

Not at all, we can auto-assign them later on the backend.

To ensure a certain quality - my experience is that anonymous contributions are of low quality.

Version 1.0.2 will be online soon that fixes that (maybe not for all cases, though).

In Firefox:

The first time I clicked the E icon, the unwanted text ‘Sentence’ appeared. After I save, it appears again if I click Configuration.

‘Configuration’ should not appear as a clickable link, because the User/Password setting is the configuration.

Thanks for the report, which version of Firefox are you using?

Sorry Daniel, I should have written. Version 57.0 (64-bit).

It’s strange, I’m using the same version and I cannot reproduce that. Let’s ignore it for now, as it’s just a visual problem.

I’ve just added a link to a Chrome add-on with the same purpose, too.

This is very helpful. I am using Firefox 57.0.1 (64-bit). When I submit a sentence, I get this message–Sorry, error submitting sentence. Code: 403.
This is the sentence I was submitting.

Incorrect: I recently completed my capstone project focused on post-translational modification prediction, much of the project was spent finding datasets and databases on post-translational modifications.

Correct: I recently completed my capstone project on post-translational modification prediction. Much of the project was spent finding datasets and databases on post-translational modifications.

Could you allow submission of multiple correct versions for an incorrect sentence? Like another correct version of the given sentence is "I recently completed my capstone project which focused on post-translational modification prediction; much of the project was spent finding datasets and databases on post-translational modifications.

This means your username and/or password in the “Configuration” are not correct. I’ve just released a new version that shows a more helpful error message.

A post was split to a new topic: No languages in Google Docs